About Me

My photo
San Clemente, CA, United States

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Dark Side

It's happening.

In each of the past 20 summers I've had as a teacher, I've really enjoyed the first couple weeks of summer vacation.  Then, I want school to start.  I have so loved doing what I do that I spent most of my summer vacations wishing I were in the classroom. 

Until now.  I'm not thrilled with the idea that summer will soon end.  I'm really not looking forward to dancing this dance again.  It isn't as if I dread the thought, I'm just ....blah...which is a far cry from who I have been.

My mind drifts to where I never thought it would drift....School Administration....Principal.   I've got my Administrative/Principal credential, having taken the classes years ago.  (primarily to earn graduate credits to maximize my salary)  I never really intended to go that route.  I always saw myself spending my entire career in the classroom. 

Back in the day, we called administration "the dark side."   Now, not so much.  Back in the day, it was a little more...us v. them.  It seemed a greater divide. 

I find myself surfing the classifieds for Assistant Principal/Principal jobs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment