About Me

My photo
San Clemente, CA, United States

Thursday, June 16, 2016

The End

I used to write to help me work through my anger.  Maybe I was just trying to convince myself, but I really think by writing my feelings, I was able to "let it go" to a degree.  It was as if I could leave it on paper and walk away to face the next challenge.  Blogging has served a needed purpose in my life.

No more.  Nope.  Not now.  Now I live in a world where everyone is offended about everything.  Actually, they aren't really that offended.  They act offended.

For 10 more years I need to keep my mouth shut.  I need my job and I am convinced that there are no organizations left that don't cave to the 4 voices of feigned oppression.

I'd like to write about my feelings about the Stanford swimmer who raped an unconscious young woman.  I'd like to smash this kids face in but I'd like to write about how as a white man I'm being accused of fostering a "rape culture."

I'd like to write about the parents who don't control their children around gorilla exhibits or alligator populated lagoons.   I'd like to smash their faces but write about the difference between human life and animals.

I'd like to write about the mass shooting in Orlando at a gay dance club.  I stand with all the victims and pray that their souls are held in the hands of G-d.   I'd like to write about gun control and the Constitution but I'm not convinced that people of differing beliefs won't come after me and my employment.

I'd like to write about Trigger Warnings and Safe Zones and the refusal to entertain, embrace, and debate differing views.

I'd like to write about Feminism and how it seeks to paint all men with the same brush.

I'd like to write about poor parenting, entitled kids,  and conditional morality.

Nope.  We no longer live in a world that allows me to do that.   Now if we disagree with a policy, written word, speech or anything else, we seek to silence and destroy that voice.   I live in a world where I fear if even 1 person complains, we fire employees.  

This isn't the America my grandfather and father fought for.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Schwartzberg. I feel you. I have a lot of things to say now that I live in Berkeley but nobody to whom I can say them. It's kind of frustrating, knowing that people will seek to silence my voice of their views are different from mine

    ReplyDelete