About Me

My photo
San Clemente, CA, United States

Friday, June 24, 2011

Burn Notice

During my most recent Burn Notice Marathon, two sentences from one of the episodes are roaming around in my head.

"More than anything, zealots crave an audience. Fanatics at their core believe they have something to teach the world."

Good or bad, those statements explain me pretty well. Mathematically, at my core I believe I have something to teach my students and therefore, I crave an audience. It isn't as if I lose sleep if I don't get to "stand and deliver", but I would rather teach a class of 40 than sit down with one kid. Why? More kids get to see the magic.

I think every teacher should have an ego. You need to believe in what you are teaching and you need to believe you can teach it better than anyone else around. Confidence in their teacher is important to students.

I'm pretty sure that makes me a fanatic and a zealot.

No comments:

Post a Comment