About Me

My photo
San Clemente, CA, United States

Monday, June 6, 2011

Presents

After I got divorced in like 1990, I bounced around a bit. I taught for a year in Texas, a summer in San Diego, three years in Manhattan Beach and two years up in Northern California at Mountain View. Every time I moved, I moved less "stuff". I have slowly gotten rid of all my chachkies, clutter, knick-nack paddy whack stuff. While I assume most people accumulate "stuff" over their lives, it seems I'm moving in the other direction.

I love it. I love being a minimalist. I don't like a bunch of crap sitting on counters or desks or anywhere. Which brings me to my point. To all of my understandably adoring fans, students, parents, and just people who want to give me things, please don't, then do.

Please don't buy my the coffee mug because I drink coffee. It is really well thought out and I'm honored that you notice I drink coffee a bunch. But I have 14 brand new spillproof Starbucks Travel mugs taking up too much room in my cabinet. Please don't buy me the motivational rock or poster. "The same fire that melts butter, forges steel" Nice. But to my eye? Clutter. I've given them all away. No books. I have every title I want and 100 (literally) waiting to be read.

I know I sound ungrateful. I am not. I'm humbled when anyone gives me anything. I really am. Still, I can't handle the picture frames, wicker baskets, vases and pottery.

So, here is what would make me happy. Really happy.

For about $15 I like the Pentel Sharp Kerry Pencil. .5 or .7 lead. Probably have to find it online.

If you like me more than that, and who could blame you, for about $100 I think i would LOVE the Caran D'Ache Ecridor Pencil.

If I changed your child's life. If I saved the family from destitude and disgrace. If you feel the need to reward me further, don't. Spend you money on your family and friends. Chances are, if you liked me, I liked you. That's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment