About Me

My photo
San Clemente, CA, United States

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Because a Man Stands Up.


When I decided to start this blog nearly a decade ago, I remember thinking it would be a place where I could share my conservative views.  It hasn’t really worked out the way I thought it would.  I haven’t let it.  I have run scared from sharing some of my views because I know how they will be received within the world I work and the place I live. 

I teach in a public high school in California.   I’m not sure there is a more liberal place to be in the world.  This immediate area isn’t about a free exchange of ideas.  This is about group-speak.  Stray too far?  You are a misogynistic, Nazi fascist, homophobic racist. 

I don’t care anymore.  I’m tired of worrying about upsetting others and I ‘m tired of worrying that my employer will take such offense they will look to try and find something to fire me for.  I just don’t care anymore. 

I have shied away from writing about abortion, immigration, the 2nd Amendment, gay marriage, etc.  No more.  I will write what I feel and let the cards fall where they may. 

Today a new day dawns for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment