About Me

My photo
San Clemente, CA, United States

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Broken

Today I am broken.  Today I cannot see.  Today I cannot hear.  Today I cannot breathe.

Yesterday in San Diego, a Jewish woman went to her place of worship to celebrate the final day of Passover and to give thanks for the blessings of her life.  She went to her Synagogue to honor the memory of her mother and to give thanks. 

A 19-year-old young man also went to that same Temple.  He entered during prayers and songs and joy and he began shooting.  One woman was killed.  She had gone to honor the memory of her mother and give thanks for the blessings in her life. 

Today I am broken. I cried last night as I thought of the victims of Charleston and Pittsburg and Sri-Lanka and New Zealand, and now San Diego.  I cried for their loved ones.  I cried at the senseless and heartlessness of the acts.  I cried as I realized no end is in sight.  

Today I am broken but I will not break.  Tomorrow I will look for, and I will see good.  I will see good in my students as they care about, and for each other.  I will see good in my fellow teachers as they try over and over and over to educate their students.  I will see good in my friend as he guides me in our non-profit foundation and I will see G_d when I look in the faces of our special needs teachers, aids, and students.


I am broken but I am not defeated.  I am broken but I will not break.

No comments:

Post a Comment